Monday, April 25, 2011

Utah Adventure

Originally, my mom and I were supposed to have a fun weekend in Salt Lake and Provo before I headed off to the Holy Land. We were supposed to go see the Easter concert at the Tabernacle, Music and the Spoken Word, and have fun with some close friends.

What actually happened was when we landed in Salt Lake, and got into our hotel, I had this pain at the base of my skull that was about to kill me. I couldn't get comfortable at all. Lying down felt like torture. Sitting felt made me sick. The pain was so bad that when I took Motrin PM to knock me out I couldn't sleep. My mom and I usually don't go to the hospital, but she saw how much pain I was in and honestly didn't want to see me cry anymore.

So, around 8:30 pm (mind you my mom and I had been up since 5:30 am eastern time) we got into a taxi and went to the emergency room. At that point I couldn't move my head without wincing from pain. By the way, taxi drivers in Utah suck. We tell them we are going to the E.R. and they decided to drive like crazy people and make me want to punch them in the face.

Anyways, we get to the E.R. and we only waited about 30 mins until we got in to see an EMT.
They hooked me up to an IV, took some blood for tests, the doctor came in and asked what was up, and he was a little confused. So, he decided I needed to get a CT scan to look at my neck.

They gave me my own gown, gave me some sweet pain killers, and took me to get the scan. The guy riding me around in my wheel chair was pretty nice. Either he thought I was pretty funny or he was humoring me because I was drugged up, but I think he thought I was funny because I am ha ha.During the scan they needed to put iodine in for contrast, so they could find the problem, and that stuff is crazy. It makes you feel like you are in the middle 100 hot flashes and like your about to pee your pants.

After an hour (since the scan, by this time my mom and I had been in the hospital for 5 hrs and were TIRED) the results came back and they found the problemo. I had an infection in the back of my throat and if my mom and I had waited to go in it would have turned into a big problem. However, since we came in when we did they gave me pain killers and these HUGE antibiotic pills. Instead of feeling like my head is about to implode it just feels like I have a tiny head ache. As long as I am well enough to go to Israel I am a-Ok.

t-2 days...keep posted for the REAL adventure :)

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I cant BELIEVE this story. I will have to tell you mine sometime... Satan sure works hard because he does NOT want you to be there. Wow, Heavenly Father is so so good. I'm so glad you didn't have anything worse. In short, the summer before my departure I got in a four wheeling accident, car accident, and got in a really dangerous horse accident. The horse and I fell 20 feet down a ravine and i ended up completely under it. Jenny, Heavenly Father is SO good to us. Keep looking out for his hand... especially on your wonderful trip =) I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that you are safe and feeling better! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete