Saturday, April 2, 2011

Livin' On The East Coast.

Not gonna lie, I love living on the east coast of the United States. There are some things I hate about living in Florida like, the unbearable heat, mosquitos that come out to eat me whole, and sweating 24/7. Besides some of the things I don't like, I am privileged to just live 15-20 minutes away from the beach, and I was able to see this beautiful sunrise this morning...

I've been wanting to get up early to watch the sunrise for like a month now, but for some reason every saturday that I've wanted to do it I was either 1) sick 2) it was rainy or 3) I wasn't home.

It was amazingggggg. Yesterday, when I finally committed to waking up at the crack of dawn to see this sunrise, I went on weather.com to see what the weather was going to be like. This past week it has been a little unpredictable, so I just wanted to be a 100% sure I'd be able to see the sunrise before I drove half asleep to get to the beach. When I checked it said today was supposed to be clear with temperatures being around 65 degrees this morning and the sunrise happening at 7:10am.

So, my plan was to roll out of bed around 6:15am and get to the beach around 6:40am, so I could see the whole transition. Boy-oh-boy, it was great just sitting there looking out at the horizon when its barely light out. I didn't realize how many colors I would see as the sun was making its way up.

If you pay attention you can see the colors of the rainbow over the water...you probably can't see them in the pictures, but I sure did notice them this morning. If you look good in the second picture you see where the sun is about to come up. It's so cool. It's like all of the colors got together and were concentrated in that one spot until the sun came up. Like 5 mins because the sun got over the horizon that spot was a beautiful red. It was an amazing site to see.

Now, I'm happy that I was able to see it today because today is the first day of General Conference. For those who don't know what General Conference is it is a world wide semi-annual conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Today is when we are able to hear the inspired words from the Prophet, Apostles and other General Authorities that the Lord would want us to hear.

Why would I be happy to see this sunrise on the same morning of conference you may wonder. Well, just look at those pictures. How could you not believe in a living and loving God when you can see those colors, let alone the miracle of a new day.

I am excited to hear what these inspired men and women have to say for the next two days, and I hope and pray that it will change me. I also love April conference because it usually focuses more on the resurrection of Jesus Christ and his Atonement, since easter is in a few weeks.

I love the church I belong to and all of it's teachings. I love knowing the Christ went through the atonement, partook of the bitter cup, just so we could progress and live with Him and the Father again. I love knowing that I have a forever family, and that I'll be able to see my Dad again. I love knowing that I'm never alone. I love knowing that one day I can receive a fullness of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment