Friday, April 29, 2011

Sleepless in the Old City.

After an exciting day of getting into the Holy Land, meeting my roommates, and soaking in the beauty of everything, I went to sleep at 11:30 pm and woke up at 2:30 am. Talk about sucky. When I woke up I wasn't able to go back to sleep. Maybe it was because I was super stoked that I'm living in Jerusalem or what, but I couldn't go to sleep to save my life. That's ok though, because I was able to be awake for the Call to Prayer. It was AMAZING! When I heard the man start chanting I quickly got my camera and ran outside to record it. One day all of you will be able to here it. Until then, just dream
After the Call to Prayer, I still wasn't able to go to sleep so at 5:50 am I "woke" up, showered, and got ready for a full day of going into the Old City. It was only a quick visit, but it was amazing. There wasn't a lot of people there because on fridays the Jews and the Palestinians get ready for the Sabbath (saturday). We were able to go on top of the Austrian Hospice, which is like a neat hotel/restaurant, and we were able to see a great view of the Old City like the Dome of the Rock, Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and many other wonderful sites. On top of everything it was a beautiful day, the sun was out and there was a great breeze, and the sky was beautiful.
After our fun outing we came back and was exhausted! We had meeting after meeting, and when you've been walking for like 5 hrs up hill you are not a happy camper, so during the meetings I was just nodding off to sleep. No buenoooooo.
Although, the one good thing about this day was that the "Lost Tribe" of 16 students from New York. They were stuck there for 2 days and had to sleep on the concrete floor that was super cold and just not comfortable. My bff Joan was on that flight and I was very happy to see her so we could finally get our friendship going ha ha. Ps. Joan and I barely know each other, but we have decided that we are kindred spirits. She is awesome.
Well, it's bed time. I'll write more lataaaaaa. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment