
So, this past Sabbath I ventured up to the Garden Tomb with a small group to just walk around and enjoy the beauty of the place. One thing that I've learned since I've been here is that it's not the place the brings the spirit, but the event that brings the spirit. There are always controversial conversations going on whether or not certain sites are the exact sites where the events happen, but quite honestly I don't care. What I do care about is the event. The one thing that hit me that day was that it doesn't matter what faith you are or where you come from you can still have a strong testimony of the Savior and how He suffered for everyone. While I was sitting at the Garden Tomb a girl named Kayla, who was with a group from Panama, came and sat next to me. When we were sitting there she translated for me everything the different people in her group were saying about the resurrection of the Savior. It just touched my heart so much that she would do that. It reminded me that we are all children of God whether or not we are a part of the same faith. Granted, I really wanted to tell her everything I knew about the gospel and show her the fullness of the gospel, but I knew that the Lord would provide. Because I can't share my testimony to others here in Israel it helps me realize that the Lord has mercy on all of His children. He will take care of them in His own way and I just need to accept it. It is such a blessing to know that the Savior sacrificed Himself for me and for Kayla. By the way, Kayla had the most beautiful voice when she sang it just invited the spirit and was with me so strong. I love the tender mercies I experience everyday.

Me, Chewy and Scott livin' it up in the Garden
No comments:
Post a Comment